Thursday, December 11, 2008

Woodsy Glitzy

My festive centerpiece=) Lets see if I can keep it alive!




So, Joey and I are going on seven-and-a-half years of marriage, and this is the first year, I have actually bought ANY Christmas decorations. Partly because I've just used hand-me-down ornaments and gifted decorations, not seeing any purpose in spending the money on more, and partly because I just didn't know what my "Christmas style" was. You know how everyone has a certain way they like to decorate for Christmas? Well, I found my style this year! And despite Joey's constant jabs and snickers, I am sticking with calling it a Woodsy Glitzy style=) Because I like natural looking things, but I also like a little glitter, a little gold, and alot of sparkle and shine!


My attempt at an indoor garden. So far I've only had to replace one dead plant!




It all started with Dinner in December. I found these owls at Marshall's that I absolutely fell in love with (couldn't tell you why other than they're cute), and my whole table just sort of evolved off of them. I found the plates, had the candles, had the silverware embedded with gold trim, liked the look of the shine with the natural woods, and wha-la! A Woodsy Glitzy tablescape!



Love my centerpiece tree too! People kept asking me if I had made it? huh?



My new casual china from Lenox comes in three mix-and-match patterns. I love it! Can't wait to have a reason to buy more=)


So it only made sense to carry over this Woodsy Glitzy style into my home, so that I could use my new fun decorations! So I bought Christmas ornaments for the first time this year! So exciting! I absoultely went plum crazy at Crate and Barrel because they totally got the idea of my new found style=) All the new fun glass balls combined with the sentimental few ornaments I haven't given away to Goodwill over the years, makes an absolutely cozy and homey, yet with a flair of dazzling effect. I love it!

Something old (the nativity I love), and something new (I bought many glass balls this year, and I like them all, but couldn't pick a favorite=)


Another new owl I think is oober cute, Joey thinks is oober ridiculous.

My Amelia Island fish that is gorgeous, but is definitely out of place on my Woodsy Christmas tree, but it's Glitzy! And who doesn't have that one ornament that really doesn't belong, right?


And last but not least, the goofy looking reindeer=) I LOVE reindeer, and all the grace and power of nature they represent, plus who doesn't have that one really goofy thing that just makes them smile? I still remember my parents' Mr. & Mrs. Claus that we had on our fireplace growing up. They were freaky looking, but well-loved=) Haven't named my mangy friend yet, any suggestions?

What's your "Christmas Style"?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Um my Christmas style is...POTTERY BARN. I love everything PB.

I think it's hilarious that Joey things some of your things are "oober ridiculous" ha ha!

I have a family member on Mark's side that sorta decided to do the "woodsy/organic" decorating Christmas theme. She had some really cute ideas for ornaments that I can definitely see you enjoying.

Here's her blog address: www.terriblespeller.com

Go check out her latest!
Love you, see you at Christmas.
BTW-did you see what Joey posted on my "mascots" blog? Soooo funny.

April said...

LOVE IT!!! The new template looks great. :) And Savannah is adorable at the top! Good job.

Anonymous said...

I think mine is kind of similar to yours except it's Woodsy-vintage!
And I also love the bright colorful stuff but they don't really go together. We put the bright tree in our office and the woodsy vintage one in the living room. :)
You don't really think we have a mountain dew tree do you??

Merry Christmas!! (if I don't see you!)