Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome Home?

Yeah, so let me vent a moment.

Tuesday before we left town for Thanksgiving, I was frantically dragging Savannah to the doctor only to find out she had a terrible case of croup and needed breathing treatments and medication. So, I spent the rest of the day trying to fill her prescriptions last minute before we left town.

She did fine, but was still a little out of sorts while away, not terrible though. In general, she's just not a fussy child even when she's sick.

So I get home and two things happen.

1) My brand new five day old Blackberry Storm stops working. The touch screen no longer responds...go figure. And if you've EVER had to deal with Verizon Wireless customer service, it is crap! And we have to argue our way out of stupid fees everytime we try to fix our phones. Solution: I'm gettting rid of my Blackberry Storm ASAP. My personal opinion is they weren't ready for the demand on the phone, and they tried to pack too much technology into this device. Bottom line, all the kinks aren't worked out yet, so maybe in another two years I'll reconsider, but lesson learned, I will not be the first person to ever buy the greatest lastes thing again. Not until it's been out long enough for them to get it working right.

2) I listen to my six messages on answering machine when I get home, only to hear TWO messages from my doctor! One from Friday and one from Saturday. Savannah's strep culture came back positive!!! They wanted to call in an antibiotic for me. My poor daughter has had strep on top of croup this entire time, and I don't find out about it until 7:00pm on Sunday night? After getting home from vacation? What kind of medical treatment is that?!?!

Needless to say, I was furious last night. Didn't sleep real well. Called the doctor first thing this morning at 7:30am, only to find out that their computer only has room for two phone numbers to call, and somehow my cell phone number (one of five other numbers on her paperwork someone could have entered) never got entered into the computer! Like that's my fault? So they apologized (not profusely enough for my liking) and called in my antibiotic, but heaven forbid had she been really sick! Or that the strep had gottten worse quickly! Arrrgh!

Frustration. So welcome back to the real world, Jennifer. Thanksgiving was marvelous. I'm just praying really hard right now, trying not to let satan steal that joy. I feel a little better sharing it with you all=) Ha-ha! Misery loves company, right? Or maybe it just needs empathy.

No comments: