Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let's Get Caught Up


So, I've been out of touch a little, for understandable reasons, since Weston's birth on August 12th. I've been good. The first week is always a little rough with readjustments and soreness, and a breast infection didn't help matters. The second week was doable once I started accepting the fact that Advil is my friend and won't give Weston long-term issues, and this week has been even better, seeing as how I have an incredible son who sleeps for four hours at a time, sometimes five or six given enough stimulation! He eats and sleeps like a champ, so I have been twice-blessed with incredible kids.


So first on the list of catch-me-ups. Weston's first bath: Joey says, "Ten bucks he arcs one over the side as soon as he hits the water." And so he did. Once he relieved himself though, all over the bathroom counter mind you, he wasn't enjoying the bath so much anymore. Still doesn't really, but I'm sure that will change eventually too=)


This past Saturday we attempted our second family outing by attending the Red Bull Soap Box Races at Piedmont Park in Atlanta. Now, we had been seeing commercials about this on TV, and thought heck, why not? Little did we know this is a nationally televised event and everyone and their brother would be there. We had a great time people watching and enjoying some of the sights on "pit row."




The weather was perfect, and Savannah thoroughly enjoyed watching all the dogs and people as well. Weston, well, he slept, literally the entire time. I fed him at 7:45 that morning, and he didn't wake to eat again until we got home at 2:15. I tried to feed him at the park, hence the Hooter Hider, but no dice. Too much noise and stimulation for him to even attempt to wake up. So he did, he slept, right through every booming stereo box we walked past, music blaring everywhere all the time. I paid for it that evening because once we got home, he fussed to eat every 2-3 hours like clockwork for the next 24 hours, but it was worth the fun day as a fam=)




Savannah was crashing and burning before a single soap box race actually took place, but it was a fun event, and at least we will know what to expect in years to come! Hope you enjoy the pictures! Believe me, you have to be a little "off" to participate at this event=) Click here to see a vidoe of some crashes in Seattle!

1 comment:

Cool Mom said...

I'm preeety sure you're crazy, Jennifer! I would have never attempted such a crazy, all day event with a 2 week old baby. But then again, I'm sort of a home body! :)
I looove the pictures, especially the one of Savannah and Westin together...too precious! BTW, what are you feeding that boy? He looks like he's eating steak and potatoes! I can't believe how much he's grown since I saw him last!