Friday, August 14, 2009

What A Mighty God!

So I go in for a routine 36 week check-up at my doctor Wednesday. Only for her to tell me I am 4cm dilated and in active labor.

I check into the hospital at 12:15pm, still feeling nothing. Dr. Pitcher comes to break my water around 1:30...and I start feeling something!

By 3:15 my epidural is in...and boy was that an episode I never want to repeat! I wasn't feeling the contractions now, but I was experiencing some back labor, so I wasn't really able to sleep or get comfortable until they gave me a different pain killer for the back labor.

It worked like a charm! So I was able to sleep about 30 minutes before Dr. Pitcher got there to get things started. I pushed through only four contractions and Weston was here a 6:58pm, weighing in at 7lb. 15oz four weeks early!!

He's beautiful and perfect as you can see :) He even slept five hours through the night the first night, and so far he has only cried briefly for obvious reasons. Thank you Lord for such a sweet blessing.

We are still here at the hospital at least until 7 o'clock this evening waiting on some blood tests. There's a good chance we will stay one more night if he needs to stay a night under the Billy lights.

I feel great! Such a relief to have him here and not pulling on my lower back! Thank you all for your prayers and support. Hope you will come by and see him when you can!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

The View From My Porch said...

He's darling! Congratulations to you all. He just couldn't wait to get out and play with his big sister. Welcome to the world baby Weston!

Stan and Kim said...

Weston's first blog picture, little does he know there are more to come. He is beautiful and what a relief for your ole mom to hear you say "I feel great!" It's been a long 8 months but well worth it. God is so amazing and you are truly blessed.

New Blog Coming Soon..... said...

Awwwww!! Congratulations!! He is beautiful!!

Lisa B. said...

Congratulation, Jennifer and Joey! What a handsome, little guy :) Good thing all those nesting instincts were already in full gear! What a blessing!!!