Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh, to Capture Time...


This age that Savannah is at has to be the most precious time in my life. She is the sweetest, smartest, friendliest, kindest child. Granted, she has her moments, and we are definitely still working on immediate obedience, but she is such a treasure...a little doll. I've always had a dream of creating a "vaccine" (for lack of a better word) that would allow baby animals to stay puppies, kittens, etc.--you know, the age where they are the most cudly and playful and adorable. I almost wish I could freeze Savannah where she is now, but I know life must go on, and things will change. You won't appreciate the following completely without being able to here the tone and intonation in her voice, but here are some snippets of what she says/does these days:

"Ah, calm down Wesson (Weston), calm down."


"Hello, sweet boy." (Or "darling" or any other name I happen to call him.) My favorite: "Hey buddy." (Said with all the sweetness and sincerity she can muster. Precious!)


"I hold Wesson." "I get Wesson, Mommy." "Give 'em paci." (This last one is an immediate command to me whenever Weston starts to cry.) And if I don't respond fast enough: "Ah, I give 'em paci." (Wherein, I now have to intercept her before she shoves the paci in his mouth, making him cry more.)


"I no wan' (want) it carrots. I no wan' it broc coli. I no wan' it chiten (chicken)." (As you can tell, she doesn't eat much these days but carbs/"nudos", cheese, and "bean beans" (green beans).) The funniest part about when she says this is she covers both eyes with her hands and puts her head down on the table. It's all anyone can do not to bust out laughing, but we know we shouldn't.


"I like 'et (that) dress, Mommy." (Adorable! This is what she's started saying to any blousy shirt or dress I might walk in wearing when I get her out of bed. Too cute!)


Well, those are just some snippets. I might think of more later that need to be immortally recorded on the internet for posterity's sake=) Weston is good. Growing fast. Has reflux...makes for much fun. Thanks to my amazing cousin Brenda for the fun pics I could put on the blog=) Lord knows, the last thing I have had time for is pictures!!!

No comments: