Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Joys

So, autumn in the south is my absolute favorite time of the year. There's nothing to compare to it. The air stays in the cool mid 60's during the day--just cool enough to put on your favorite pair of blue jeans, a comfy t-shirt, and your most snugly jacket. But this fall has been particularly lovely because we've had plenty of sunshine, blue skies, and warm afternoons. You just step outside, sit in the grass, take a deep breath, and inhale the very Spirit and presence of our great God. To think He made all this simply for our enjoyment...WOW!

And then there's my little girl right in the middle of all of this beauty and freshness. She's one year old, and even when she's sick, she's so full of joy--I mean it just beams out of her eyes in everything she does! I can't tell you how happy I am that she loves being outdoors as much as I do. If I'm working in the yard, all I have to do is set her down with a spade of her own, and she's happy to beat away at the monkey grass while I do some gardening. She really enjoys playing with my dogs these days as well. Samson and Lila aren't too sure about her sometimes, but Samson is always up for a good romp in the sun with a ball or a squeaky toy. I have a video clip that will not upload for some reason...probably because I need more RAM or an updated video card...I'm open to suggestions, so I guess you'll just have to settle for some cute pics until I figure that out!




2 comments:

April said...

She's adorable. :) If we are able to meet up tomorrow, maybe I can help with the video card....

Anonymous said...

Well she gets that sparkle in her eye from her mama!
She's getting so big!