Saturday, October 11, 2008

Remember When?

So, February of 2007, many of my extended family took a trip to the Grand Canyon where we then decided to hike the canyon (something like 13.5 miles) in one day (something like 8 hours total). Anyway, after the entire life altering experience was done and over, all the aches had been Adviled, and the feeble bodies fed nutrients, and everyone was back home in their respective states, we began playing the "Remember When" game via text, reliving all the inside jokes and humorous events that had taken place along the trail that day.



So, today I was watching a Wrangler commercial, and I had to smile at my "Remember When" moment, like I do everytime I see a Wrangler commercial. So, do any of you remember when we were at some event for Roswell Street in high school, probably a Disciple Now or maybe just a game night with the whole gang, when the topic came up of, 'If you were an advertisment slogan what would you be?' A good friend of mine, Chris Adams, was one of the first to pipe up and say, "Wrangler, 'cause I'm real comfortable." Now this may not strike you as funny now, but the fact that such a small memory can be triggered everytime that commercial comes on, makes me smile.



This in turn, triggered a conversation between Joey and me. "What would you be, honey?" Well, since I had thought about this often before (because everytime I see the commercial, I think about it), I quickly answered "Maybelline," with a smirk. At which Joey laughed and said, "Oh, maybe she's born with it." And we both smiled at each other and had a good giggle. I in turn, asked him what he would be. "I don't know, I'll have to think about it...maybe built Ford tough or something like that...no, like a rock, Chevy all the way." Again, this makes us both smile, and I figure what the heck, it's my blog, and it's the conversations like this that make for good reading when you're bored. So I leave you with this thought: If you were an advertisement slogan, what would you be?

2 comments:

April said...

Just do it. ~ Nike.
(I'm not one for excuses or reasons...if you are going to talk about/dream about something...just do it.)

Amy said...

Gillette - the best a man can get.

Ha ha ha! This is compliments of Mark. I was thinking:

The North Face - never stop exploring.

Which one do you like better?