Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting started...

So, we were out visiting my cousin April (here she is holding my little one at the famous Sprinkles cupcake shop) in AZ this past weekend, and if you know her, you know she is more than a techie, she's a tech junkie, but her passion for all things digital, computerized, etc., is so contagious that I now have a gmail account where I share a calendar with Joey (the selling point for switching to gmail), and now with google reader it's so easy to keep up with everyone's blogs that I felt left out not having one of our own.

So, thank you April, my bestest cousin ever, for bringing this stay-at-home mom into the 21st century...or at least motivating me to stay there=) And what better way to start than on the day of my beloved only child's birthday!



Wow! What a year it has been! I can't believe Savannah is 1 year old. I do not miss the baby days, but my heart does ache at how quickly she has grown and continues to grow...every day learning new things. It is so true, that it won't be long before ____________ (you fill in the blank!) Anything and everything is what she does these days, constantly surprising me with what she understands and how she tries to communicate. How blessed am I to watch God's greatest miracle form right in front of me!

Here she is playing in her first fountain in AZ...I wish you could have seen her face when the water shot up in it...pure surprise and joy--no tears=)



...And here she is on her first swing, and lovin' on her daddy...
















I could post a thousand more pictures, but I'll end with my new favorite of me an her. I love that you can see her spunky spirit shining in her eyes at all times whether happy or sad, those beautiful blues tell it all. Happy Birthday baby girl! Your Mama & Daddy love you very much!!!

11 comments:

April said...

LOVE IT!!!! I'm so excited! Happy 1st birthday Savannah. Jenn, the blog looks great!

Sunshine said...

Jen - welcome to the blog-o-sphere! I like it!

Amy said...

GREAT! I especially love the title of the blog... Durhamites. That is just perfect.

Come visit ours! www.amyandmarkcathy.blogspot.com

Amy said...

p.s.---April, are you pregnant in that picture where you're holding Savannah????

(that's a little tribute to LA)

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

oh Amy, be sweet. April love you and your belly. you look fine.

Stan and Kim said...

Ok, so as the gramdmama, this made me a little teary. The journey with you has been awesome!!! Love you...

Anonymous said...

Yay! We can be blog buddies!

April said...

amy. i am going to kill you. this is strike number 2. (the first was the 30 card.)
YOU are going down.

TheBrookshires said...

Hey Jennifer! Glad you joined us in the blogging world. Savannah is too cute!

Cool Mom said...

Nice blog Jennifer! I'm glad y'all had such a good time in AZ. I know the Hills loved having you there!