Saturday, October 11, 2008

Savannah's First Birthday Party

(The cakes I made for the party...Yes, I made them:)
So, throwing parties is not my favorite pasttime. I love how they usually turn out. I enjoy the creative processes like making the cake, decorating with little touches here and there, but overall, at the end of the day, I leave with a sense that I just wasn't able to take it all in. Yet, celebrations in life are important, especially birthdays, so I do them whole-heartedly with a smile on my face and in my heart, praying that at the end of the day, enough photos were taken for me to remember what all happened=)

And Savannah's party was no exception! I loved every moment of planning her cake, ordering her ladybug costume and making the perfect antennea, making all the invitations, and even the thank you notes. It's baking the food, cleaning the house, and making sure everyone has what they need while the party is going on that stresses me out. But despite that, I thoroughly enjoyed watching my little girl love every moment of her 1st Birthday Costume Party.


It was so special to have such a good turn out for the party! A special thanks and shout out to my awesome sister-in-love, Emily (pictured at left with my little ladybug), who drove all the way from Fayetteville, NC to celebrate with us. You have no idea how much that meant to me...really you don't. Thank you=)

And of course, to all my awesome friends from church...wow! You blew me away by showing up and having a good time. You have to understand, I've never been one who considered myself as having a lot of friends, so it's stressful for me to send out invitations, since I have a tendency to think no one really wants to come to my party anyway (I know...whatever...that's just how my brain works...a little insight to a few of my insecurities there...). So, it thrilled me that so many of you came and had a great time at the party with all your kids! Wow! I hope someone got a good shot of all the kids there...I think they equaled or outnumbered the adults...too much fun=) Thank you for ministering to me jut by taking the time to show up.

And how could I forget my most wonderful family! I have been so blessed by the Lord to have an incredible family on ALL sides, even the sides I married into. Thank you to all of you for your help (with the party and in life), support, love, and gift of your time. Savannah is blessed to have so many people personally invested in her life through prayer and quality time.

So, nothing terribly exciting to report, except much fun was had by all! A lot of fellowship, a bunch of cool new toys, which we needed desperately, and hopefully more pictures to follow via Facebook and Snapfish. (Once everyone emails them to me=) Again, if I didn't get a chance to really talk to you at the party, please forgive me...I truly, deeply appreciated your presence.


3 comments:

April said...

The pumpkins look AWESOME Jen. You did great, and I see we got a few cupcakes in there too! Savannah makes an awesome ladybug! So cute, love the wings.

TheBrookshires said...

Too cute!

Dezirae said...

was a wonderful party!! I should have pictures soon! Love you!!