Sunday, December 20, 2009

For Love of Each Other

(Here's my little chunk of a man=)

So, my kids have been sick. Savannah did her time for five days about a week ago, and Weston has been diagnosed with RSV, which lasts for 5-6 weeks. So this means a lot of indoor quality time with each other...hahahaha! I love them both to death, but Savannah really needs her own jungle gym of a playground in the backyard. That girl is always in some serious need of burning off energy! I finally get to the point where I look for long drawn out car rides to make when she's sick, just so I can get her to sit still long enough to rest a little. She has discovered the miracle of the stool and now totes our bar stools around with her all over the kitchen, climbing up to observe and ask questions about everything, wanting to help cook, and playing in the sink like she's washing dishes. It's a little annoying only because I turned around the other day to see three stools in my tiny cooking area, but mostly I enjoy having her captivated by what I'm doing and learning all the while.
Visiting the ATL Aquarium...Joey's fabulous picture taking skills!

(Weston had his first ride in the stroller facing forward! He was enthralled.)

Weston...well, we have come to discover he is one chill, happy little man. Or I should say, one chill, chunk of a little man...he's huge! He weighed 18 pounds at his 4-month appointment on Thursday! Geez! Meema bought him some 12-month sleepers the other day, and they fit! Goodness gracious. But he's perfectly happy to self-entertain himself for hours. Can't tell you how many times I've stopped Savannah from making her eighteenth-thousand mess, only to remember I do have another child sitting around somewhere (usually in his jumpy seat). I go to check on him, and he's literally bouncing around happy as a clam or staring at the television. Yes, the boy already knows how to watch television with that "I'm thinking about nothing" look on his face. Sigh...THAT is one manly attribute I do envy--the ability to think about nothing=)
( This pic is kinda old--he no longer needs the pillow under his feet, and he is a jumping fool!)

Savannahisms: She poured a whole bottle of hand sanitizer out the other day and proceeded to give herself a bath in it. I didn't realize she had done this until I went to change her diaper, and her clothes and belly were all slimy. Irritated and concerned, I start to say something to her, but she catches the look on my face, and before I can say anything, she responds, "No worry mommy. Is jus sope. I ok. Not in trubble." Well, she's right to some degree...how exactly do you respond to that?
Baking Christmas goodies for the neighbors...she had so much fun rolling out gingerbread cookies=)

By the way, her Sunday school teachers informed us last Sunday that she is the only one in her class speaking in full sentences, telling everyone what to do of course. She is such a rascal!

Tonight in the bathtub, I was giving them a bath together since Joey was in class. Giving them a bath together is not the easiest thing to accomplish since Weston can't sit up yet, but it's easier than trying to keep Savannah out of trouble while giving Weston a bath by himself. Anyway, near the end of the bath, I sat Weston up to wash his back before getting him out. His eyes focused on Savannah sitting right in front of him, and his face lit up like a cherub. He was so excited to see her and be sitting face to face with her! I told Savannah, "Look, Weston is smiling at you!" She got this sweet, excited look on her face and said, "Hey brudder! Hey Wesson! Talka to me!" Wherein, Weston responded with laughter, which I LOVE! Baby laughter is so precious, but I must say, my heart warmed all over watching the two of them interact like this. They interacted, laughing and smiling, for a good five minutes before the spell was broken, and I needed to get him dressed. I will forever treasure that first real brother and sister moment in my memory. Christmas in Macon...all her cousins finally together for a picture=) So sweet=) Savannah LOVES playing with her cousins. Funny moments from the weekend: Apparently, Savannah was about to play with something of Drew's. From across the room, Drew yells, "No Banna, mine!" In total abandonment, Savannah throws herself on top of said item, belly down, arms and legs out in a complete sprawl over the item and yells, "No Drew! Mine, mine, mine!" Sigh...sharing is such a hard life lesson.

Not so funny later on, Drew almost bites her thumb off. After accepting the consequences duly handed out by his parents, he tries to come back in and make friends with Savannah again. She completely ignores him for a while. At one point he tries to sit by her in a chair, but she spreads both legs and arms out completely denying him any space to sit near her in the chair, pouting her bottom lip and staring him down the entire time. He gives up. She immediately, graciously scoots over to allow her cousin Ansleigh to sit beside her in the chair. I guess forgiveness is the next character aspect we'll have to work on.

No comments: