Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Odds and Ends


Let's see...November has flown by! Between Joey's school and my training, all the hours in a day seemed to be filled, and one day just runs right into the next...in a good way though=)

We did make time to getaway, just the two of us, for a weekend to Banning Mills in Whitesburg, GA. I LOVE this place! It's like being in the North GA mountains when you're really just in the middle of nowhere somewhere between Newnan and Carrollton. It was wonderful to sleep as long as we wanted to in the morning, have all our meals prepared for us, and to complete the short zip-line course. I haven't been on a zip-line since middle school at Berry College, and these lines made those look like child's play. Banning Mills boasts the highest, longest, fastest zip-line course in the southeast. We didn't do the long course, but the few lines we completed were enough to take your breath away. I look forward to another getaway when we can complete the long course. Thank you to my mom and dad and Joey's parents for stepping in to help us with the kids. It was a much needed refreshment, and perfect timing before we got into the busy holiday season. (This is a view of one of the catwalks you had to do to get in between zip lines.)
(This is a shot of a zipliner=) It's hard to capture in a picture just how high and just how amazing this is! Oldest person to do this course: 86! That's my goal someday=) )


Savannahism: She took a hat I had been wearing, put it on backwards and covering her face, then proceeded to say, "Look, mommy. Sa-annah silly!" Love this girl=)
(Oh, how we love mommy's iPod!)

The next weekend after our getaway, Joey took off for a three day trip, two of which were spent hiking part of the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina up Mount Lacont. He went with his dad, and I was relieved they both made it up and down safely. As you can see, they hiked with full packs and spent the night in the lodge at the top that was really only one step above a tent. They made some good memories, and I was glad to have them back home safe.

But while they were gone, Patti was gracious enough to come join me in the ATL to help watch my kiddos while I had a girl's night....to sEE NEW MOON!!! Whoo-hoo! Loved every minute of this movie. I am definitely a Twilight junky=) I'm still Team Edward, but Jacob (Taylor Lautner) was definitely bringing the hotness factor. I will definitely look forward to seeing this one again and again with whoever wants to go. And no, it's NOT about the hot guys (although that's a plus), REAL Twilight fans are addicted to the story behind the hotness....read the books before you see the movies to truly appreciate. Favorite Moment: Watching Jacob morph into a werewolf off the back porch to defend Bella. Cheesiest Moment: Definitely Alice's flash forward to when (SPOILER ALERT!!! to those that want to read the books!!!!) Bella becomes a vampire. #1 Chris Pattinson (Edward) does not need to be seen running through the forest like a goof, and #2 Bella does NOT wear a dress that looks like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz in the book--she definitely needs to be in some form of slinky lingerie or slutty prom dress when that vision comes true in the Breaking Dawn movie.

Thanksgiving was a long weekend for us, spending three and a half days in Macon with Joey's parents. We loved every moment of amazing food, good fellowship, then so much fun with the kids as Savannah's cousins joined us to make a housefull on Saturday. Despite the craziness of five kids, I love every moment of watching them all interact. I don't have any pictures to share 'cause I'm still waiting on Patti to Snapfish them to me...we forgot our camera, but she has some great ones of all the cousins=) I'll post those seperately some other time.

Savannahism: We took the Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving to head out and pick out our Christmas tree from a local lot. After we got home, and set the tree up and began pulling out Christmas decorations, Savannah, enamored by all the joy of the preparations, declares at one point, "Cahrismas! OH, Happy Day!" Then again, after waking up from her nap the other day and finding I had put up more decorations, she declared when coming around the corner, "Oh, more Cahrismas mommy! Yay!" I love that she is already experiencing the joy and wonder of Christmas like all children should. This is going to be a really fun Christmas with her=)

Weston is well...I feel like I don't talk about him much, but at this stage there's not much to tell. I think I will start him on cereal next week because his spitting up is making him miserable and makes for too much laundry on my end. Pray that he takes to this well, and that this will help solve some of his difficulties with taking a nap and just getting to sleep in general. On a positive note, we now do bath at 6:15pm, he's in bed at or shortly before 7pm, and doesn't wake up until 7am the next morning! Yay! Lovin' that good night's sleep. Thank you Lord! (I love this little half smile...it just speaks volumes of his personality.)

No comments: