Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nesting????

Ok, so I could be in the wee beginning phases of my nesting stage...you be the judge. With Savannah, it started the two weeks before I went into labor--transplanting day lilies, organizing/cleaning every closet in the house, etc. The urge to organize, straighten, and clean was almost like a ball of panic in my stomach for those two weeks!
....
This time around, there is no panic, only a slight hint of urgency as I seem to run across random things that need organizing--like the pile of cleaning supplies from all over the house I have gathered in one place, so as to put them in containers to make it easier for my cleaning lady who will come (once a month) thanks to my fabulous husband=)
....
Or, like the sudden urge I had to go through STACKS of old Southern Living magazines, ripping/cutting out all the recipes I like in order to glue them to 4x6 index cards and reorganize my recipe box--which needed a good house-cleaning anyways--just so I could feel good about throwing all the old magazines away. I LOVE their recipes!!!
...
Joey is awestruck by my latest tonight. I guess going through all those magazines made me realize how bored I am with our eating options, and their were several I ran across that I've really been meaning to try, so I did. I made this DELICIOUS Lemon-Basil Shrimp Salad in Parmesan Cheese Bowl!

Yes, I MADE the bowl! So simple...I'll pass the info along if you're interested=) Anyway, to my chagrin, I was struck with the realization about an hour before dinner and Joey arrives home from work, that he HATES, ABHORS, cannot tolerate cold shrimp. I don't know why this epiphany didn't hit me earlier...I guess I was too enamored at the idea of making Parmesan Cheese Bowls=) So needless to say, I made this fabulous, healthy dinner that Joey couldn't enjoy, but luckily I had some leftovers to suffice. He was gracious enough toward my mistake.
....
So, what do you think...have I officially begun nesting? These are some weird quirks even for myself, but still not as panicky as before I had Savannah.
....
Also...I have A LOT of leftover shrimp salad...anyone interested in lunch?


O.K. Husband here....

First of all my wife is a fabulous cook. Please do not think by her writing that she is any kind of slouch in the kitchen. Have you seen me lately....haven't missed too many meals. Anyway I am Just glad she cooked this time instead of yard work. Imagine my delight a little less than 2 years ago to arrive home from work and find my 9 month pregnant wife pushing a full wheel-barrow of dirt. For those of you who think Jennifer is not nesting and just productive I leave you with 8 words:


Lemon Basil Shrimp Salad in Parmesan Cheese Bowls

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE joey's comments. he is a very smart man. :)

i don't know what nesting is. i would classify the cutting of the southern living mags and neurotic so maybe that's nesting.

The View From My Porch said...

Joey made me laugh! I definitely think it's possible. I'm guessing with your second baby you're not as panicked because you know what to expect. So, my guess is your nesting will not be quite as much of a freaking out/melt down this time as the first time. It will be calmer things like, organizing your cleaning products and making Parmesan bowls. Look out Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray!

Stan and Kim said...

All I can do is smile. I hope this doesn't mean Weston will be here in two weeks..... Let's not go there, ok? Love you!!!!!