Monday, July 27, 2009

Good News!

So, I almost feel silly for making such a big deal out of the bed rest, but I know it's a big deal, and still a big deal, but I am relieved to share A LOT of good news with you.
...
At my doctor's appointment today, they did a sonogram to check my cervix and found it is still good and closed and nice and long...not a lot of thinning, which is excellent. I also got to do an ultrasound with a few 3D pics that you can view below, which showed Weston looks good, already weighing in at about 6 lbs. 12 oz. at 33 5/7 weeks! Yikes! He's measuring at 36 weeks instead of the 34 weeks I will be on Wednesday, but we all knew I had a tendency for big babies=)
...
The good news continued as I continued in to see the doctor. She said there was a little more amniotic fluid inside than normal, but 99% of the time that is attributed to the fact he's a big kid already. She didn't seemed too worried about whatever the other 1% explanation could be, and quite frankly I wasn't going to borrow worry by asking. God has been so faithful thus far, I fully trust His decision for whomever this little guy needs to be.
...
Doc said it was important that I make it past 34 weeks (2 more days) then it wasn't going to be such a giant ordeal to stop me from going into labor. Basically, I'm past the really scary part come Wednesday, but it won't be good if he comes this early. (Plus, we REALLY don't want to pay for NICU bills!) With that said, I'm to stay on bed rest for the remainder of this week and can return to at least caring for Savannah by next week, but I still need to get plenty of rest.
...
What will this look like for me? Well, the plan right now is that I'm still going to be grounded. No errand running, no being in and out of the car unnecessarily, no picking up Savannah if it can be avoided, etc. So, I'll still be here at my house, fiddling my time away, just not confined to a reclined position and ecstatic that I will be able to care for Savannah when she needs me. It's torture listening to your child cry for you when someone else is putting her to bed=(
...
What will this look like for my friends and family? I have been and continue to be overwhelmed and eternally grateful for all the well-wishes, prayers, meals, help, and support everyone has freely offered. God has truly blessed our family through you all. All of your offers are still appreciated, and of course, if you feel like God is still calling you to help in any way, I will gladly welcome your company and/or your food in my home=) I won't turn away a willing heart, but seeing as the doctor isn't mandating it, I don't want to be an imposition on anyone by continuing to ask for specific help either. So please all feel free to offer as God leads, and I will continue to be grateful for any and all your services! BUT KEEP PRAYING! August 19th is still the goal!
...
With that said, please enjoy the pictures below of our little man. God never ceases to amaze me. I am in awe at how I could have told you this was a boy just by looking at his facial features! How different boys and girls are already...even in the womb! If I can dig up Savannah's 3D pictures, I'll post another blog with the comparisons=) Enjoy!
...
Profile shot in 2D. He might have Joey's head...Hmmmm...lucky me....
To give you an idea of what you're looking at...the marbled "thing" squished up next to his face on the left is the umbilical cord....look closely in this pic, and you can see the hair (Yes! He has a head of hair!) on top of his head. The old wives' tale of indigestion means head full of hair has proven true 2 for 2 for us!
Furrowed little brow and pouty lips=) The "thing" that appears to be covering the right side of his face is actually the placenta wall.

Isn't God amazing?!? How can anyone doubt that there is a Great Creator in heaven? Wow....so what do you think? Does he look more like me or Joey?

3 comments:

Amy said...

totally looks like joey. those pics are super cool! hold that baby in there so mark and i can be around when you head to the hospital!

Unknown said...

I have to agree that he looks like Joey, but it's really hard to tell. I keep thinking back about Savannah's and don't think she looked too much like her sonogram pictures when she got here!

Stan and Kim said...

Right now, I'm going with Joey as well but we'll see. Only God can make something this amazing. I'm glad you had such a good report. Keep up the good work, looks like it is paying off for both of you.