Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Way God Works



So, I don't know if it's just me, or it other people are as analytical and introspective about their life as I tend to be, but this Bible study I was doing ended with the question, 'Can you think of a time when you can really see how God worked to bring about circumstances in your life?'



So, I sat and thought, and really started thinking about the journey I've had WestRidge Church over the past four years. I can see God's hand all over my life at this church. I mean Joey's new operator friend invited us. We loved the church, but because it was so big, we decided to get involved serving with middle school again because that's mine and Joey's "comfort zone", so to speak. We meet our friends the Chapmans through this, who introduce us to our friends the Moodys. We invite the Chapmans to our Home Team, who then decide to start their own Home Team, and we join them. Only to meet so many more special friends, who I keep running into at church through various connections.

I join a random Bible study back in the fall of 2007, knowing no one and create friendships young and mature that carry me through some of the toughest days I had trying to get pregnant. I continue to run into these ladies who encourage me constantly. One lady in particular becomes something of a mentor to me and encourages me to branch out and lead my own women's Bible study, which after two years, God has finally maneuvered me into accepting this calling.

In the midst of all this we are going to church on Sunday mornings, and I'm listening to all these beautiful amazing women, and thinking, 'I so want to sing like that!' One in particular, Dezirae, catches my eye, and for some reason I just want to be her friend. We keep running into each other at different friend and church events because of mutual connections, and this year her and her husband join our Home Team! So now I know her. I consider her a dear friend. She has her own photography business, hence these amazing pictures of my little girl. And now, Lord-willing, I'm hoping to be working for her after the first of the year doing some behind the scenes business stuff (if she lets me=), and no one knows what an answer to prayer that is going to be for me. I've always wanted to be someone's secretary, and now I'll get to do it from home!

And all of this has happened...these amazing friendships, these relationships of amazing godly women who speak wisdom and encouragement into my life...all of this has happened just as God orchestrated it, perfectly directed, one note at a time, one Bible study, one conversation, one small step of obedience. Just one small piece at a time. Did I have any idea what He had in store for me? The blessings that myself and my family would experience from doing things we weren't necessarily passionate or excited about, but that we knew we were suppose to do?

It's no wonder God never gives us the whole picture of what He's doing right off the bat. The details would drown our tiny, finite minds and the blessings would overwhelm our senses. These last three years of my life have, in retrospect, taught me so much about trusting my God, my Friend, my Abba. I'm so excited about taking the next steps with Him because I can't wait to see where He's going to lead me next!

3 comments:

TheBrookshires said...

What a cutie!

Stan and Kim said...

Wow!!! Next time I need to express my emotions I'm coming to you. Thanks for sharing your heart so openly. Who knows, maybe writing a book is next for you????

Dezirae said...

Jennifer....wow this is beautiful, I love to hear your heart through your beautiful words!! Consider yourself hired!! I am looking forward to it!!


xxooo