Monday, November 17, 2008

A Good Day

So, have you ever had those days when you just sit back, take a deep breath, and sigh, and really understand what God must have felt when He looked at His creation and said, "It is good."? I had one of those days last Saturday. Yes, it was cold and slightly icky outside, but my girl was bundled up, enjoying the outdoors like she does, and I was doing my favorite thing in the whole world...working in my yard.
Yes, winter can be a little gloomy given the small choices available for color during this season, but I loaded up on pansies, snapdrgaons (which by the way, are my absolute favorite flower...they are awesome! I'm sure you'll see more pictures as they really get going=), and for this year, I am experimenting with ornamental purple cabbage. I loved catching pictures of Savannah enjoying the pansies, or what I thought was the pansies. Turned out she was enjoying some good 'ole Georgia red clay! Children...


She loves pushing around her mower...

It was a great hour of fun in the yard before it starts to drizzle cold rain, so not wanting my just-recently well and happy daughter to get sick again, we hurried inside for a nap, then I went back outside and continued to work in the wind and drizzling cold rain. Did I mention I LOVE working in my yard?
So later that day, it felt only right to bake something. I mean, a cold drizzly day? Perfect baking weather! Especially since Joey was building me a fire=) So I mulled through my cabinets and recipes, discovered I had what I need to make $1,000,000 Cookies--my Dot-Dot's recipe, and began the satisfying process of throwing everything together. But I really enjoyed watching Savannah enjoy her first beater of dough with her Daddy. (Yes, I cleaned most of the batter off before I gave it to her...I'm not a horrible mother.)

It was really sweet when she started sharing with him. He didn't even ask her too=)



And then it was off to bed, and so ended a really good day. These are the days I live for as a stay-at-home mom. The simple smiles and fun moments of life that slip by so quickly and quietly. When was the last time you had a simply good day?

5 comments:

April said...

Georgia red clay AND raw eggs/batter all in one day??? haha!! I bet it was the BEST day of her life! :)

Cool Mom said...

I love your blog, Jennifer. I know I sound old, but I remember (with warm thoughts) my own "good days" as a mother. They keep you going. :)

Amy said...

LOVE the eating dirt pic. Priceless. Makes we want to go plant something and have some kids!!! Oh wait, maybe not so much on the having kids part...I'll just stick to planting things for now.

Stan and Kim said...

Thanks for sharing your day with everyone. Life is one big circle...around it comes again with you planting flowers with your little girl and baking cookies. It doesn't get any better than that.

Anonymous said...

I love this post!
So sweet!
I loved seeing your house a few years ago - and back then you were just wishing for a little baby and now here you are! I love it. :)

-Ape