Saturday, April 24, 2010

So this is what you do...

Let me first begin by saying I have been administering medications (yes, that is plural) for over 2 months now. Multiple ear infection meds, steroids, inhalers, nebulizer treatments, antacids, antibiotics, and of couse Tylenol and Motrin.

This week a strange virus hit Savannah on Wednesday afternoon causing her to run 103.7 fever until I could get her to the doc for a diagnosis of tonsilitis and croup. Needless to say she's been understandably pathetic, miserable, whiny, needy, and clingy. (All of the above I could handle except for clingy.)

Enter today....Weston wakes up from his nap with a 102 fever, and the evening generally goes like this: both kids crying on and off for the next three hours, Weston puking up good chunks of dinner, Savannah gagging on hers because she literally-no exaggeration-doesn't stop crying all evening, I put my head in my hands trying not to join the tear-shed, Savannah continues to cry in my lap while watching TV and Weston finds some solace in Jumpy seat, Bathtime all hades breaks loose and I feel I am losing my grip on reality, Joey walks in the door 30 minutes late, and with one kid in bed I walk out the door.

I proceed to run a few errands then head directly to Wendy's for dinner. (Since I obviously had no time or free hands to eat my own.) So here I am 8:15 at night downing a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese, a small fry with a side of nacho cheese, and a coke, eating alone in the parking lot and blogging from my cell phone. Not really sure when I'm heading back home.

So motherhood has sucked me dry and left me wondering where the light at the end of the tunnel might be this week. Sigh...a little venting always feels good. But not to complain....let me be sure to say:
"Thank you Lord for awesome pediatricians, medications that help, an insurance company that is comparatively affordable, two children that love me and need me, for making everything better when you add cheese, and technology that let's you vent right from the comfort of your own car under a parking lot head lamp. Thank you mostly Father that tomorrow is the start of a new week!"

May you all find comfort in your own unusual getaways this week :)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Alicia said...

sorry the kiddos are sick...both mind came down with fevers yesterday too. Praying for you!

April said...

You'll be here to visit me soon! :) And you know you'll miss those little stinkers the whole time you're here. :) Looking forward to it!