Monday, January 11, 2010

One of THOSE Days

So, here's what one of "those" days looks like in my life....

6:30am Weston begins talking REALLY loud in his bed wanting to get up, but I refuse to get him up until 7 at the earliest, but I still can't sleep 'cause I can hear him with the monitor turned off and both doors closed...sigh. Good Morning Monday.

7:30am Both kids up and dogs put out, breakfast in full swing.

7:45 Savannah fills her booster seat with pee-pee. (Oh yeah, we started potty training on Thursday...I will recap that in another blog....success to failure rate not so hot right now.)

7:50 Go upstairs for new change of clothes only to discover the dogs crapped in the hallway. Weston crying downstairs to be fed, so no time to clean up right now.

8am Weston is NOT cooperating with eating his solid foods. He only wants his bottle. VERY frustrating....oh, and now Savannah dedides to poo-poo in her new change of clothes.

8:30 Both kids fed, some success with pee-peeing on the potty, time to start laundry for the day.

8:35 I discover that the dogs have also pulled every diaper out of the trashcan in Weston's room. They are torn up and eaten all in the bottom of his closet and under our bed. Dogs are punished and kenneled.

8:40 Savannah poops on the potty! Success! I then find Weston's hamper covered--to the point the bottom looks solid black--in ants. Grrrrrr! This battle with ants this winter is wearing on me. I'm about ready to pay the money and call the exterminator.

8:50 Savannah pee-pees in her panties again. Sigh...I am feeling like an utter failure. I change Weston into his clothes for the day because his diaper has fallen off inside his sleeper, and he is soaking wet.

9am About to walk downstairs to put him in his bouncy seat, and he throws up (spits up) all over the new outfit and down my entire left side. Time for outfit number two. Back to the bouncy seat.

9:30 Weston is fussy. Time for his morning nap. Go to get him from bouncy seat...sigh...time for outfit #3.


So, I have plenty of soiled clothes to launder, ant poison to clean up in Weston's room and the laundry room, half-eaten diapers strewn all under our bed, and I'm feeling like an utter potty-training failure. NOT a good start to the day....pray that things get better.

4 comments:

The View From My Porch said...

You don't sound like a failure. Ha! You sound like a mom of little ones. Hang in there. If this day doesn't improve (which I bet it will), you get to start over and try again tomorrow. Kudos to you on the potty training. That is such an exercise in patience but the persistence will pay off!!! Prayers for sweet time with your babes this afternoon to make up for the rough AM. ~Ali

New Blog Coming Soon..... said...

Girl, dont feel like a failure!! Joaquin is the most stubborn child ever and it took MONTHS to get him to finally pee in the potty!!! It literally got to the point where I was praying on my knees about it!!! Seriously!! He is potty trained now, finally, Thank the Lord!!! You are just having a busy busy day, tomorrow will be better!!! =)

WonderMer said...

Sweetie, I'm here. I've never had potty training experiences like that, but I can only imagine how frustrating it is. :-( Time to buy stock in Clorox anywhere spray! It's a bit like preschool without a paycheck, isn't it? Gives you something to pound out while you run! Hang in there!!!

Stan and Kim said...

Well, by the time I talked to you this afternoon you were doing better. That's the way it is. Life right now for you can go from horrible to awesome in just a moments time. Your doing a great job. Your children are truly blessed to have you for their mom.
Love you!!!!