Thursday, October 8, 2009

Savannahisms...

I know, I write a lot about Savannah, but trust me, until Weston starts doing something other than crying, you don't want to hear a whole lot about him=) Pictures are even hard to get because I don't want to chronicle his entire life thus far with him making miserable faces...sigh...oh well...anyway...

I've started setting up the Barney DVD in my room when I'm putting Weston down for bed, so that Savannah can stay occupied without bothering me or getting in trouble. Here's where I found her after I had put him to bed yesterday....

...watching the DVD from inside the dog kennel. Samson is such a good dog=)

Also, yesterday, October 7th, 2009, was the first time Savannah told me she had to go potty, and she actually did!!!! She told me two times in a row yesterday morning, once for #2 then ten minutes later for #1. I was so proud of her! Of course she will hate me later in life for actually taking these pictures.....


....definitely future wedding photo video material=) Note also that she insisted on going on the big potty. I should have known better than to waste my money with the "play" potties. Sigh...gotta love her=)

She then spent the rest of the morning telling me she had to go potty every 5 minutes just because she thought it was a fun game now. Of course she didn't go, but I had put big girl panties on her just to let her practice, and of course, being as I still have newborn mommy brain, I forgot she only had on panties when I went to put Weston down for his morning nap. Needless to say, she went to play in her bed while I was doing this and preceded to wet her bed. Oh well, messes and laundry are apart of every day life around here....but at least she made positive progress!! Everyone keeps telling me she'll potty train on her own eventually...here's to hoping and crossing my fingers that this is a step in that direction.

We're celebrating her birthday all this week, so more pictures to come on that...latest words and phrases:

I sit down to feed Weston who takes one sip then rears back screeching. Savannah looks at me, all-knowing, cocks her head and says in all seriousness, "Probly hot Mommy." Yes....yes it was.


Riding along in the car with the radio off when I hear this in a little sing songy voice, "Yes Jesus, Yes Jesus, Bible me so." Can you name that song? =) So sweet....over and over she repeats just this part of the song. Melts my heart and gives hope that things she's hearing are really sticking. I love it that this is the first song she's ever actually tried to sing.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Glad Savannah is potty training herself! Tristan is doing great with #1, not so much with #2...sigh. It will come I guess, in the mean time, lots of laundry! Still praying for Weston to be a happier baby!

Unknown said...

Do you know how much I love my precious Savannah! :) Thanks for sharing all this with us. Love you.

Stan and Kim said...

What sweetness you have in that little girl. I agree with Patti, thanks for sharing some of the precious moments.