Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He's Going To Hate Me...

So, I don't do this very often, and Joey is going to kill me, but I needed to write and let everyone know what an amazing husband I have!!!
....
Reason One: He believes in "push" presents=) Now, this is kinda a new fad these days...to reward your wife with a present in the hospital after she gives birth to your child. I didn't realize until the other day, that this is actually a tradition in Joey's family, so he has not been following the trend, but keeping a tradition. Now, I may have hinted around at getting a present here or there, but I was never totally serious. Sure, any girl would love to be rewarded for nine long months of pregnancy and however many hours of painful labor, but really, pregnancy is it's own twisted blessing, so I never ever expected anything, especially anything extravagant.

Although after receiving my first pair of diamond earrings with Savannah, I was curious as to how he would top that one....enter my ring....
Yes! He totally swiped my engagement ring that had to be removed around month six because of swelling and had it reset!! The emerald diamond in the middle is my original ring, but the two diamonds on either side are a new cut called half-moon diamonds. I LOVE this!! I always wanted something to really set off my beautiful solitaire, and this is perfect and according to our jeweler, 100% original and completely unique. These were actually the only two half-moon diamonds they had in the store, then they had to create the setting to make it work. Leave it to Joey to not only go all out, but to make it one-of-a-kind as well=)


I say all this not to brag that I get bling for having kids....that's so not the point. The point is that my husband cares enough to make some sacrifices (unknown to me) in our budget and with his discretionary funds to make me feel special and valued. Not that it takes diamonds...not at all! But if you know anything about my husband, you know that when he does something that's important to him, he doesn't skimp, but usually goes overboard=) But hey, if he wants to give me diamonds, I am NOT complaining=)


Reason Two: He's an excellent father. I have been around many dads in my lifetime, and I can count on one hand the number of guys I've met that truly, openly and outwardly adore their children the way Joey does. He helps me with anything I ask him to do, and he never complains about having to spend time doing anything for or with the kids. It's nice to have someone on the same page with you in life who truly cherishes the things you cherish...in this case, every second of time that passes with our kids. We love it. He loves it, and I thank God for that every day. We may be only two years into this whole kid thing, but I think we can honestly say, we haven't missed a moment yet, made a decision we regret as far as time spent as a family is concerned, and we look forward to making the most of every moment to come.

Reason Three: He is a hard-working man who isn't afraid of a challenge (in fact, as much as he stresses, he also thrives in a challenging environment.) Not only has he been holding down the fort with all the new two-kid adjustments at home, but all the while he's been juggling the responsibilities of his store AND studying every spare moment he can grab for his Master's courses. I am SO PROUD of him for making straight A's in every course he's completed so far!!! This last one was a doozy too, with only a mid-term and a final for grades. He's officially one-fourth of the way through with a 4.0 GPA. I can't shout it loud enough how proud I am=)
(A cute picture of Weston is appropriate on any blog=)


There are a million other reasons I could sit here and spout off about my honey, but he's going to kill me for this as it is. I just think every now and then, the good men in our lives need a strong pat on the back and a good 'ole adaboy to the rest of the world...because I think anyone can attest to the fact that a good man, a truly good, righteous man, is definitely hard to find. Love you babe! Keep up the amazingness=)

3 comments:

Amy said...

first of all - LOVE the ring. it's stunning.
second of all - LOVE the shameless plug of a cute picture of Weston.
third of all - "half moon" sounds a whole lot like..."NEW MOON"!!!!!! I'm just saying. T-30 days.

The View From My Porch said...

Love this post. Love that we both married darling and doting daddies. Love your new push bling! It's lovely!

Alicia said...

great post! isn't so wonderful to have Godly husbands and fathers to our kids!