Thursday, November 5, 2009

Too Many Thoughts


I have so much I want to share...my mind is too cluttered to write...I actually just deleted a five paragraph rant because my brain couldn't figure out how to express what I've been feeling lately. (Deep breath...sigh...) So, I will simply give you some pictures to enjoy, write some snippets here and there, and be back when God clears up what He wants me to say=) Enjoy!These are from our day trip to Dahlonega. Could Savannah be any cuter? I tell you, I'm pretty sure I'm biased, but there is just something about this little girl, a spark, a spirit, a something that just endears you to her. I have a sneaky suspicion we are in for some VERY social middle and high school days with this one. Latest Savannahism: We were in the car on our way home. I turn on my praise music CD and start to sing along, really enjoying myself. From the backseat, "Mommy, no sing! No sing, Mommy." "Ok, Savannah. Then you sing." A few seconds of silence passes. I look in my rear view mirror to see her little hand raised in the air, "Praise the Yord! Praise is nane. God!" And she continues this in the sweetest, sing-songy voice. My heart could have burst in wonder. Oh praise Him for the God-shaped hole we have from the time of our birth. Even a two year old knows how much she needs Him without really understanding who He is yet.

...

She is really starting to play with her dolls now too. It's so much fun to watch her burp, rock, feed, wrap, and change her baby doll. Sometimes I peek in on her in her bed to watch her sitting there reading a book to the baby doll in her lap. My favorite is when she sings songs to her baby. "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", and the "Hallelujah, Praise the Lord" songs are her favorites.Weston is really coming into his own lately. Even though he was vaccinated for six different things last Tuesday, including Whooping Cough, then came down with Whooping Cough on Thursday--awe the catch 22 of vaccinations--he still has settled into a pretty good routine, and I can't get enough of his smiley, chunky self. He definitely recognizes my face and voice now, following me across a room and giving me the sweetest smiles. I love it! As you can see, he's holding his head up good now and sleeping through the night as well. He coos and gurgles and grunts to join in on conversation, and I feel he's going to be a lot of fun. I can't believe three months has flown by so quickly! We'll be starting the transition to solid foods in only a month! Geez! I don't care for the first three months, but I wish they could just slow down for a bit once they reach three months. Some family pics below from Dahlonega. We had such a good time just being a family this day. It was the first time we really got out, enjoyed ourselves, and just felt complete...like this is what having two kids is suppose to feel like. Children are the greatest blessing and deepest joy God can give us on this earth. I don't understand people who can contemplate hurting, abusing, neglecting, abandoning, or aborting these little ones. They come straight from the mind's eye of God, from His own creation as He knits them together in our wombs. They enter this world and inherit our sinful nature, but when they are so new, so green, so untainted to the realm of sins out there, you really feel a closeness to the heart of God, the tenderness He must feel for us all. The love.
Let's see...I starting training for the Seminar 5k the first of November. I accept the fact that it will take my body at least a year to regain some semblance of my old self, but in the meantime, I know I have to work really hard to get to that one year marker. Please pray that God gives me the strength and perseverance to meet my goals for the next post-baby year. 5K in February, 10K in May, and Sprint Triathalon in August. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. I could use all the encouragement and accountability anyone cares to offer! I have many thoughts about running and being a runner--because really I'm not--but I will save all that for another post.I leave you with a Halloween pumpkin picture. We had bought a VERY large...like Joey struggled to pick it up large...pumpkin from Burt's, but lesson learned now, we left it to sit in the dirt behind our house, and when we went to pick it up to carve, the entire rotten insides fell out the bottom. Lesson: Always store pumpkins out of direct sunlight on a hard surface such as concrete. So, fifteen minutes before trick-or-treaters started showing up at our house, we carved our Chick-fil-A pumpkin. I will probably give this a go again next year just because there was more I wanted to do with the emblem that I just didn't have time to do. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Stan and Kim said...

Love the pictures. I am so blessed to watch you grow as a family. My prayers and encouragement are with you as you start your training/running.

Amy said...

That picture of you with the kids is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm down to train with you for the 10K 5K and sprint. Let's do it together (especially since I'll be in the ATL).

I'm glad W is feeling better and that S is still being cute and precious as ever.

We'll be neighbors soon!