Friday, June 5, 2009

Great Date Experiment #2 ???

Yeah, so we set out this evening to test drive the Great Date Experiment #2 for our night out together this week, but no sooner did I get in the car than my mouth began to water, and.....well, you how you just know whatever is in your stomach is about to come up? Yeah, that's how I was feeling on our drive to dinner.
...
So I'm sitting there in the car, trying hard to at least make it to the restaurant, but I realize the more saliva I try to keep down, the more that just isn't going to happen. "Joey, you're gonna have to pull over."
...
Being the diligent husband he is, he whips the car into the next side street, and I open the passenger door, only to hear, "Uh, honey, those people are sitting on their back porch watching you." Complete embarrassment. I pull back into the car, and he whips it around another corner into an abandoned, not-yet-developed neighborhood. Again, opening the side door, the yacking commences.
...
Now, I could go into great details, and even thought about posting a picture, but I figured I would lose a lot of readers after that, so let's just say--It hurt, it was the most unpleasant experience I've EVER had throwing up (all pregnancies included), and I was choking on myself. The event ended in tears out of pain and just plain, old utter embarrassment. I have NEVER puked on the side of the road before. Chalk another first up to pregnancy #2.
...
As the end of my event was nearing, Joey began to search frantically for something to give me to wipe my mouth. Joey thinks, 'Dang it! I don't have anything...well, there is that old Chick-fil-A tie over there. I've never liked that tie anyway.' "Here honey, use this and toss it." And so I did. Awe, to be the someone that walks up on that pleasantry on the side of the road, only to find a Chick-fil-A tie wadded up nearby. The story they will imagine....
...
Needless to say, I was fine after that. I knew I would be. Even went straight to dinner at the Marietta Pizza Co. downing half a salad, a much needed fountain Coke, and a slice of veggie pizza the size of a baseball pendant. Despite the small, "something-squishy" I found between my toes, the rest of the evening was fun, and we even laughed about the whole experience.
...
Also needless to mention, Great Date #2 was a bust for the evening, and we must reschedule a do-over because kissing at every red light was just NOT going to happen=)

3 comments:

Stan and Kim said...

Oh wow....
This is right up there with Aunt Debbie catching April's apartment on fire. I'm glad you recovered and had a good date anyway. I am confident that Weston is going to be worth it all. Love ya!!

Amy said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am laughing so hard tears are squirting out my eyeballs!!!!!! And just so you know, I would have kept reading your blog if you posted a picture :)

April said...

I'm so sorry! :) My mom and I laughed out loud while reading this!!!!! You are hilarious.