Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend


So, this year we made the drive to Macon, GA to spend Father's Day with Joey's parents, Patti & Gary. I don't always enjoy the heat down there, but I do enjoy Patti's fabulous cooking. I always offer to help, but there's not a thing in my repertoire that holds a candle to any of her cooking, especially her brisket--it's the best I've ever had anywhere!


So we enjoyed a much-needed relaxing weekend of catching up and basically enjoying Savannah and her antics. She is so much fun! I'd write more, but there's not a whole lot more to write...we just chilled, which was the best part about it all. Thanks Patti & Gary for always being such big ministers in our lives when we come down there=)


While you all are thinking about it...say a little prayer for Joey. He has his first accounting mid-term tonight. He's been studying hard, but he's still nervous. I know he will do great!

(Note to self: I can no longer take pictures sitting down and slightly slouching--too much of a resemblance to the Micheline Tire Guy at this point in the pregnancy.)

4 comments:

TheBrookshires said...

The first picture of Savannah and Joey is SO cute!

Joey Durham said...

Honey, You can so take pictures of yourself in any position. I kind of like the rounded potruding belly look. I think it is sooo hot.

Stan and Kim said...

Good times, great memories....that's what it's all about. The pictures are soooo cute. You are truly blessed.

Unknown said...

Those are great pics of you guys! I will need copies. We sure enjoyed having you here and thanks for the compliments on my cooking. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you were able to rest some. I felt like you probably needed it. We love you.