Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Love of My Life

Eight years ago today, Joey and I said our "I do's" in the chapel at Roswell Street Baptist Church in Marietta, GA. He had won my heart after only three months of dating, but it took another six months until I got the proposal, then 11 months to the wedding, but we finally made it--with many a story to tell--and today I can say I love him more than I did then.

As each year goes by, we take the good with the bad, we laugh, we cry, but we always have a whole lot of fun. Everything--even the things that push us apart for a while--inevitably draw us closer together in the end. He is my best friend, my confidant', and the only man I have eyes for. He has my heart, and he works hard at protecting it, even to this day.

"Thank you Lord for a man who loves You so completely, that he in turn is able to love me so well."

So why do I love him so? 1) Because he's a man of integrity that seeks the Lord in all he does, in every decision he makes. 2) Because he makes me laugh and smile and enjoy life. 3) Because he's as handy as I am creative=) Check out some of his most awesome accomplishments in the last two years:

Installing bead board in Savannah's nursery along with the window molding

Creating a "box" for my washer and dryer--works just as well as the $500 one you'd buy.

Building garage storage to hide the clutter

Not to mention he can fix almost anything on a car and figure out how to use any tool properly. He's definitely my Joey-of-all-trades=) On top of all that, he's a spectacular father to Savannah. Every dad should spend as much time with their daughters as he makes time to spend with her=) So, as usual, I could go on and on, but I think I've sufficiently embarrassed him enough for one blog post.
Joey, I love and respect you more and more as the days pass by. Never doubt that!

Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Amy said...

awww! cutie blog post! i love the picture of savannah with joey in the wagon, and way to go on the shelving in the garage! My other fave was all the license plate tags nailed to the top of the storage closet. I'm sure there are some stories behind those. :)

April said...

:) LOVE IT and love you both. Eight years is a good legacy for we "younger" ones. Haha!

Stan and Kim said...

You two are awesome! I can truly say that he completes you and what a blessing that is for your ole mom. A real answer to prayer.
Love you both......

Alicia said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary! We'll also be celebrating 8 years this year. :-)