Friday, May 22, 2009

And so it begins....


Recap: From my 16 week appointment to my sonogram at 20 weeks--gain of 10 lbs--sad times....
From 20 weeks to 24 weeks--gain of 5lbs.

I officially feel huge, and this kid has me craving food ALL the freakin' time!!! People, let's do the math here...I have THREE more months to go and only 20 lbs. to spare to keep me from surpassing my goal of NEVER weighing more than 200lbs. in my life! I am seriously feeling way larger than I ever felt with Savannah, and I have the WHOLE ENTIRE SUMMER AHEAD OF ME!!! Ahhhhhhh!

So not only does my freak out happen on a daily basis and is my own personal battle, but let me recap the last 24 hours:

Airport security guy, checking my I.D.--pauses, looks at me, reads my driver's license, smirks, then proceeds to say,"Put on a little weight have we?" Big smile. He obviously thinks he's being funny, and granted my license does say 135lbs.--don't think I've weighed that since I was 15. So I give him the fake half courtesy laugh and walk away, screaming, "Crap it!" on the inside.

We are taking a little anniversary hiatus in not-so sunny, very rainy Orlando to see my sis and Tim by the way....so the story continues...

Publix check out lady, fairly young, smiles, "So when are you due?"
"Oh, I have the rest of the summer ahead of me, September 8th." I smile courteously.
Publix lady, eyebrows slightly raised, look of concern and surprise, "There's only one in there?"
"Yes, only one." I smile between gritted teeth, and turn to leave, quickly retrieving and shoving my intensely craved chocolate covered glazed donut in my mouth as I sulk back to the car. Dad gum it, why not at this point, right?

Sigh...and so it begins...let's see just how many of these fun little tidbits of "people saying stupid things they have no idea what they're talking about" I can collect over the summer. Should be fun=) At least something should be, right?

What's your "things people should really think about before they say it" story? And yes, April, you win, you are definitely NOT pregnant! =)

5 comments:

Everything Homemade said...

wow...i am so sorry. i hate comments like that. they should never leave one's mouth. much less to a pregnant lady. i feel your pain in the huge have the rest of the summer department. we can sulk together!

New Blog Coming Soon..... said...

Oh! Dont listen to people like that, they are just dumb! You look great!! Dont worry about your weight. You have your whole life to watch what you eat and exercise and diet and all that....live it up now, eat what ever you want and enjoy it!! =)

Amy said...

ok, my "things someone should have thought about before it came out of their mouth" really sums up my job. so, the other day this lady that i'm interviewing starts to go into telling me her favorite yoga positions. i'm sorry. i missed the part about how telling me your fave positions gets you a restaurant. WHAT.

I actually laughed out loud when i read this post. WHALE done. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! you know i love you...don't kill me.

Alicia said...

When I was pregnant with Tristan and just starting to show I had a lady tell me, "boy Alicia, you're really putting on the pounds!". Brad was with me and kindly patted my belly and said, "yeah, she's starting to get a little belly." The lady shook her head and said "I didn't mean there, I meant everywhere else!". I cried the whole drive home. :-(
Do worry about what anyone says. I think pregnant women are the most beautiful women out there...no matter what the scale says. Hope you're feeling better!

Stan and Kim said...

I loved being pregnant for the very reason that I could eat what I wanted and it didn't matter. Who can tell??? and I agree with your friend, you have the rest of your life to work it off. I think your are beautiful, always have :)