Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to ME!


So, on the scale of rating holidays, Mother's Day is number three for me. (Christmas being a month-long celebration at #1, all traditions and outings included & of course, my birthday must be a national holiday in our home!) But ever since being blessed by God to be called a mother, Mother's Day is definitely an event I look forward to celebrating. And let me just say, my husband did an AMAZING job! Much thanks to my brother Mark as well=)

The day started out with me being greeted by my little 19-month-old walking through the bathroom door with a card in one hand and a box of Godiva Truffles in the other. She was all too excited to hand them to me with a big smile, unfortunately, that was probably the best smile I was going to get all day, as she quickly passed me up on a kiss and ran back to "Dada." So for her, Mother's Day was just a practice run for Father's Day because she was all about her Daddy, but I can't complain. One day she'll know to smile in pictures with her Mama too=)


Joey was awesome! He more than made up for Savannah's disinterest and slight brattiness toward me. He attempted to get some good pictures of Mama and daughter, as you can see. We enjoyed church together with my little bro Mark who tagged along since my parents were in AZ. But after church, the feast-de-resistance' was on!


Joey had bought and prepared all the groceries for my Mother's Day meal. He found a Moroccan steak rub recipe online and prepared it himself, along with a salad, Sister Shubert's yeast rolls, and some specialty cupcakes he got from a bakery in Buckhead. But the most fun was watching him and Mark attempt and succeed at baking twice-baked cheese potatoes--a family classic. They did a great job, and Mark hopped in there like a pro with the blender!

So by noon we were all seated at a beautifully set table using my best china and enjoying our feast, and did we ever enjoy. Everything was amazing! So good in fact, I think we all wanted to take a nap within 15 minutes of eating, but Savannah was still going strong. So we entertained her for about another hour while Joey took care of the dishes as well, then it was down for one of the best naps I've had in a long while. Savannah even slept for 3 1/2 hours!!!


We ended the day by heading over to Aunt Debbie's for a swim--Savannah's first for the season--and boy do we have our work cut out for us! She was terrified of the whole process, so after 2 minutes in the pool, she was back out. Ten minutes later after she stopped crying, she attempted to play "a little" in the walk-in section of the pool, but not for long. Oh, well, another day perhaps. Let's just pray she warms up to the concept before we hit the beach!

We joined Aunt Debbie, Uncle David, Amber, Meema, & George for Sunday night hot dogs, then we all took a little detour to Cobb County's local FroYo place that just opened on Barret Parkway, YogoDay. It was absolutely delicious! Who would have thought that strawberries and chocolate chips go good with frozen yogurt...mmmm...yum=) The perfect end, to the perfect day=) Thanks to my amazing husband for going the extra mile with everything...including my gift card for a massage=) YES! Can't wait to schedule that!

No comments: