Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh How I Wish You Could See!

Sometimes the sweetest moments in motherhood happen when your child's not looking and there's no way to get a picture without disrupting the moment.

So today, Savannah has a little cold, and when she's not feeling all that great, she reverts back to her morning nap. I don't know why, but my child who refuses to play by herself at any other point in time, LOVES to be in her bed! I mean, she just plays away in her crib. I often feel guilty for leaving my 16 month old in her crib for two hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon, but if you could only see how HAPPY she is!

In the mornings, she usually catnaps for the first 45 minutes to an hour, and then I go to peek in on her. This morning I found her sitting in her crib with her big book in front of her, pointing to pictures on each page and just jabbering away, happy as a clam. NEVER has she done this with me or outside of her crib for that matter! I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the sweetest thing ever. Took away a little of my guilt. I guess if that's where she's happy, then I'm ok with it.

Oh, I'll get her up by 10:30 or 11am, which means she'll push her nap back to 2 o'clock instead of 1, but I'm ok with that if it means a happy little girl. Just thought I'd take a moment to share while I had a moment to write. It's moments like these that make all the second-guesses and negative thoughts fly right out the window. "Thank you Lord for these."

2 comments:

Stan and Kim said...

Oh how her mama loved her bed with all of her stuffed animals. Guess what goes around comes around. Sweet memories :)

Unknown said...

That's what makes all the other stuff you go through worth it!