Monday, February 9, 2009

Baby #2 Update

So every day goes by in my world, busy with all the usual tasks, friends, and Savannah moments, and then it will hit me....every day it just hits me at some point....oh, yeah! I'm pregnant! Seriously!



I am trying to be conscience of this little one just as much as the I was with Savannah, but it is VERY hard. Often times, I already feel like a horrible mother for not recongnizing more consciously the presence of this little one. The thought of being a mother of two to me right now is very overwhelming. As a matter fact, I believe that's just how I live my life these days, constantly overwhelmed-spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally. God is working on me. We're working through these thoughts and emotions together, but I'm just being honest.
However, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can stir a mother's heart for her unborn child like a sonogram can! (A law should be passed that every person seeking abortion must have a sonogram done before the procedure. I believe it falls under the category of being completely medically informed about your medical condition and the risks involved. Anyways...I digress....off my soapbox...)
It is the most amazing experience to see how much your little one grows inside your body. God blessed me during my sonogram on Friday last week to allow me to see not only a steady heartbeat, but an active baby! Yes, another one already=) It was in there just squirming around, wriggling it's little partially developed body back and forth. In the picture you can definitely make out the head, then all the little round white balls are arm and leg buds just beginning to form. So cool! I always cry watching the screen, what else would anyone expect?

So that's the latest. I have been deeply appreciative of all the prayers. The nausea and fatigue are getting better, but still present, and some days are just worse than others, but I truly believe your prayers have made an impact not only my health, but my general attitude about things these days. So please keep praying! I covet all of them!

2 comments:

April said...

yeah! looks like a little gummy bear now! :)

Stan and Kim said...

Thanks for letting me go with you to the sonogram. It was amazing to see it's little heartbeat and watching it move. I am truly blessed. And yes, it looks like a gummy bear and it's the size of a gummy bear. Fun times to come :)