Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Style

Ok, so I am a sucker for any kind of "evaluate me" test. I'm always looking to see if someone else can get it right, validate what I think, or explain something I've never understood about myself. In this case, I finally discovered what my personal decorating style is!

Modern Elegance
"Variety is the spice of life! And nowhere is this truer than in the design of your home. You may love contemporary, but wish it wasn't quite so cold and austere, or perhaps you're drawn to traditional rooms but you'd like to create a less cluttered and busy space. Transitional Style is here to marry those apparent contradicting designs.
And guess what? It's the contradictions that make the mix of contemporary and traditional so successful. The result is an elegant room that appeals to young and old alike. A sofa with modern lines blends seamlessly with a pair of traditional chairs. New fabrics work so well on antique pieces. It turns out that modern art looks even more exciting above a collection of traditional pieces. The room feels simple and sophisticated, elegant and hip."

Sidebar: It comes as absolutely no surprise to me that modern elegance is very expensive...sigh.

Finally! All this time I thought I was contemporary with a solid foundation of traditional, but NO! I am definitely 40% Modern, 30% Traditional, and 30% Cottage Chic. I concur. Where I go from here, and how I take my new found information to better my living environment, I have no idea! Oh, to some day be able to afford an interior designer!

Thanks Amy for the insight and the sharing=) You should take the test too!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad you had some cottage chic in there...because clearly it's the coolest. :)