Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pray for Me!

So this has got to be quick, but I wanted you all to know=) It is 7:39am, and I am about to throw Savannah in the car and head out to a new venture in my life. I lead my first women's Bible study at 9:30 this morning! Woo-Hoo!

Can I tell you I can scared out of my mind and freaking out a little? God really had to work some circumstances to maneuver me into doing this, but I'm really excited, and I've never been so sure about something I'm supposed to do...at least it's been a while since I really felt like that. Satan has thrown every excuse and set of circumstances in my path in the last month to keep me from showing up this morning, but I'll be there with a smile on and yes, even make-up=)

So please say a little prayer my way, and continue to lift up the other ladies in my group as we see what God has to say to us these next six weeks. I highly encourage everyone...if you've never had the priviledge of being a part of a women's Bible study group, I can honestly say you are missing out on a huge blessing God has out there for you. If you've been doing them for a while, like I have, and haven't taken the plunge to commit to lead one...I highly recommend this as well. There's nothing like being in an uncomfortable, unfamiliar situation to remind you that God is the closest, truest, most faithful friend you truly have! Take the plunge and share life with others!

1 comment:

The View From My Porch said...

I know it's going to go so very well! God is going to challenge you and bless you deeply through this ministry. I have led a Ladies' Bible Study for the last 2 years and have learned so much not just about God and my faith but also about myself. We're currently doing Beth Moore's Daniel and are now studying eschatology comparing Daniel's prophecy to Revelation and let me tell you it is only the grace of God and the moving of the Holy Spirit that gives me the ability to lead these ladies through it as most of the time it feels completely over my head. God is great though and always provides His wisdom. Enjoy yourself!