Monday, January 9, 2012

A Gift From Me to You

So, I am a collector of sorts, and one of the things I LOVE to collect are quotes and other useful pieces of information that are simple, succinct, to the point, 100% practical AND applicable.  This explains the large numbers of bookmarks and tiny pieces of paper littered throughout the inside pages of my Bible.  This also explains why I have collected over the years a small book of its own of handouts from various people, places, times, things, etc. in my life, half-folded handouts that stay neatly tucked away in the back of my Bible that have come in handy so many times over the years for various purposes.

Today, I would like to share with the world my new favorite hand-out of all times.  I highly recommend every parent double-sided print this and tuck it into their Bible or journal, whatever is handy where you remember to say your prayers each day.  My goal on most days is to simply pick one item from each list to include in my prayers for my family for the day.  After all, praying all of them would just be preposterous--at least for me;)  If you have that kind of prayer life and time, more power to you!  In the meantime, I'm doing good to pray one of these each day...

10 Ways to Pray for Your Children & 12 Ways to Pray for Yourself

God continues to work in and through my prayer life to teach me how to pray, what to pray, and when to pray.  I feel in my spirit that this year, He will reveal Himself more to me through my prayers than any other avenue, so here's to tapping into a power I've taken for granted for too many years.  I especially like that these lists came complete with Scripture to read and pray and support what is being presented.  I deeply believe that praying scripture is the best way to effectively pray, so often God's Words are much more complete and just so much more all together than what I could think to pray on my own.  Enjoy & Blessed Praying!

post signature

1 comment:

TheBrookshires said...

Jennifer- I was excited to read you are participating in BSF. I am a member of the Savannah class and love it too! I think it is so neat that there are thousands of people all over the country (and world) studying and applying the same parts of scripture to their lives at the same time. I love keeping up with you and your cute kiddos through your blog!