Saturday, May 7, 2011

April Flowers

My husband, my children, my family are the flowers in my life.  Today, I write in front of a screen in a quiet house, so physically sick (like the life has been drained out of me literally), yet so very grateful for the life God has given me.  My God, the Good Gardener did not have to plant my life so full of flowers, but He created me, so He knew exactly how much I'd love them=)

Enjoy my flowers because isn't that what a garden is for?  For the whole world to enjoy?

Let's see...this month I tried to introduce smoothies to the kids in a desperate effort to get them to eat more vegetables...not sure it's going so well=)

We also took a quick weekend trip to Augusta to move Matthew and Emily and soon-to-be Baby Hartley into their new little home.  LOVE. IT.





And of course, no Easter tradition would be complete without the dyeing of eggs.  This year Weston was 100% in on the action--all hands in! 

 He took great pleasure in actually chucking the eggs into the dye, hence the beautiful creation that followed....



Savannah was very prim and proper this year, actually attempting to use the little metal thing-a-ma-bob that comes with the kit for lifting the eggs in and out of the dye.






And what Easter tradition would be complete without an egg hunt?  Of course we did the millenial version where it should be renamed an egg scramble.  I love the pure joy of motion on Savannah's face in this picture=)  And in the next one, I love that she's retrieving the candy, not the egg--always much more interested in the pay off than the activity. 


Weston on the other hand, well a more serious or methodical egg scrambler might not be found. Scramble he most definitely did not. 





But hey, most egg scrambles come with giant blow up slides, and who can resist that?




Of course the egg scramble must always be followed by a more traditional, TRUE egg hunt.  You know, lots of chocolate filled eggs, some with money, and the hard-boiled dyed eggs of course--these are the best for smashing on trees.  So much fun with all the cousins. 





However, I'm pretty sure the giant, inflatible "ball-o-fun" stole the show this year.  I even gave it a whirl=)  Can't wait to use this baby at the beach!




 Look at these smiles!







Love this picture of Savannah and Granddaddy.  Boys never really do grow up at heart, I'm convinced=)  Nor do I think they should.  Every girl loves a boy that will play with her, even if she thinks she's all grown up.


My boy=)





And let the after church Easter pictures begin!







Above, Grandmacon and Granddaddy.
The proud great-grandparents and two antsy kids.
Below, Mimi and Granddaddy.




And no month in my life would be quite complete without some beautiful Sugar Snap Photography=)  Wasn't this little set to die for?!??!?!  Oh, my gosh!  I wanted to get some spring family photos, but allergies kept my two boys indoors for most of April, so me and Savannah went out and had some dress up fun.  LOVE how these turned out=)
















And those were my April flowers.  Good memories and beautiful days.  Thank you Lord for all the ways you bless our family.
post signature

1 comment:

Stan and Kim said...

Beautiful flowers indeed. :)