Friday, November 19, 2010

A Party to Remember

I must digress. Although October to me does begin with Savannah's birthday, in reality, April, my dearest cousin, will always own the month of October with her October 2nd birthday=) And as usual, it may be a national holiday for me, but it's the event of the year for her=) I would expect her to celebrate in style no matter what decade. So she kicked off her third decade by paying homage to her first. Throw back to the 80's, and enjoy these pics. They make me smile every time I see them=)

Of course it wouldn't be an event for April without a change of clothes. In true style, Amy won best dressed for her splatter-paint mini dress, and this poofy prom dress number of April's is so NOT her that I giggle every time I see these pictures. Larry "Andrew" Byrd stayed in character for every picture, even with his little Madonna princess Macy on his arm. Love them! Also, channeling a little Madonna and Cyndi Lauper (after much research, I might add), I showed up with the hottest date in the house that night. No lie, I'm all about the rolled up sport coat look. My Miami vice man was smokin'! Love this picture of him 1) 'cause he's staring at me=) 2) because he is workin' it! Love that we both still know how to have a great time together. Me and my adorable mom. Love her! Not that my mom EVER looks old, but I can't get over how a side ponytail instantly removes twenty years=) Gotta love the dads. Uncle David you will never live this one down, even though best impersonation award was duly earned. I love that you love April enough to make her feel special by going all out--and of course making it hilariously fun for the rest of us=) And dad, if you were president, I totally would have voted for you=) Glad you stepped out of the box, even for just a little bit. Love you too so much. Love, love, love this pic. Not only does it fabulously show off outfit #2, but I'm lovin' the hair crimp action and the show of her fabulous dance skills=)


It was a night to remember to be sure! Can't wait to do more life with this chica. Happy 30th cousin! You make it look good=)


post signature

1 comment:

April said...

Thanks! :) Great post.