Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So Much To Celebrate!

Well, March entered like a lion on the cold roaring paws of icy snow and wind and has left like a lamb, gentle spring breezes and soothing sunshine. I LOVE claiming March as MY month=)

Birthdays have always been a big deal in our family. It helped that with four cousins across the street and four siblings total in house, we always had a crowd to party with. Those celebrations, no matter whose it was, are some of my most favorite memories of childhood. To this day, being with everyone together is the most content place I can be at any point in time.


So for my 30th birthday, that's exactly what I asked for--everyone back together again--for a night of reminiscing, laughter, inside jokes, and just being together. Thank you to all my beautiful family that made this happen for me. I can't begin to express how much this night meant to me. A special shout out to my very special sister and hubby Tim who drove all the way from Orlando on Friday only to turn around and drive back Sunday. A second special shout out to my bestest cousin (love-ya-like-a-sister) April and her hubby Destin for flying in from Arizona on Friday and flying back out Sunday night, plus Destin even gave up some guy weekend time to make his appearance at my party. To everyone else who came and laughed and congratulated and participated in any form--even if just for dinner--you have no idea how much each of you means as part of my life. I am truly blessed to call you family, but better-- friends, but even better--my brothers and sisters in Christ.
(Wish we had gotten a famous shoe picture because all the ladies were kickin' it in some awesome heels!)
Let me back up a little though because my husband deserves some mad props for making everything about my birthday extra special....It begins: Friday morning I wake at 6am to start the new decade with a run--only fitting given my current status. I come home to a wrapped present from my honey...my new running shoes! I got specially fitted for them, and ran in them for the first time the other day. Makes all the difference in the world!

The day continued on calmly like normal, but Joey did take the time to get off of work and meet for lunch at another Chick-fil-A. HA! Why you ask? Well, I had the kids and your only choices for playgrounds these days are Chick-fil-A or McDonald's(bleh), and Joey's store is like the ONLY Chick-fil-A freestander without a playground. Beggars can't be choosers...we love his store, but for lunch with kids we had to hit up another one. I was just impressed he thought enough about me to think of doing lunch together.

I ended my birthday day by going out on a date with my Dad--so much fun! But before I left, Joey got home just in time to give me 30 beautiful roses. So sweet=)

The sweetness continued on Saturday as he had arranged for me to get a mani/pedi AND get my hair styled before my big night on the town. What a man! Love you so much=) He also had been on the phone with all my family members since before Christmas trying to plan my party. I know it was NOT easy.
(My seesters--sister-in-love Emily and little sis Aunt Lah)
So with everyone in town ready to party, we kicked off the evening at a Japanese steakhouse in Sandy Springs called Kobe Steaks. Let me say, the food was delicious as always, and having my picture put on a cake and presented to me was a first, but of course the most fun for me was getting to watch everyone's faces and be a part of so many conversations because we were all seated around the grills to where we could see each other.

From there we headed out to Wired and Fired in Virginia Highlands to have some fun fellowshipping around making our own unique pieces of pottery. Then for the feast de resistance we ended the night at the Midtown Melting Pot for chocolate fondue. We literally laughed until we closed the restaurant down. This is exactly how I wanted to kick off my 30th decade--laughter, fun, and bright hopes for tomorrow. I'm not much for bucket lists, I'd rather just roll with what God throws my direction and be thankful for whatever experiences the next ten years have to hold. But I AM so incredibly grateful, so I will end with this....

I am deeply thankful for...
6. a family immediate and extended who seek the Lord. I never cease to be amazed at how God pours out different blessings yet so perfectly suited for those who seek Him.
7. sunshine and 60-70 degree weather. Finally!
8. that even though Savannah doesn't like to get her shoes or hands or anything else for that matter--dirty--she still wants to hang out and be with me while I work in the yard.
9. for doctors and nurses and medicines and nebulizers and prayers that will heal my little man of his double ear infection, reflux issues, and inflamed lungs.
10. a husband who knows how important my birthday is to me and does everything in his power to make sure my day, my weekend, is perfect. I love you best and most of all honey=)

3 comments:

The Harpers said...

Your birthday party was definitely super fantastic. I love the picture of all of us grandkids, we all look so super fun! I really had a fun time in Atl with all you guys, I hope we can make this thing a regular. Love you!

Stan and Kim said...

Lots of fun....more great memories... and it looks like I took some awesome pictures!!! Much love :)

Christen said...

So glad you had a wonderful 30th birthday! You are so beautiful inside and out!