Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Quick (Haha!--yeah Right) Catch Up =)

My sweet kiddos=)

So, let's see. Weston is still my happy-go-lucky little man. He smiles at everyone and everything, all the time--even when he has a nasty ear infection. The doctor told me the other day he was the happiest, sickest baby she'd ever seen with an ear infection. Oh well. I'm not complaining, just glad I listened to the Holy Spirit when He prompted me to get one last doctor's appointment before we left town for DC. Other than that, he's just the best little boy. He started rolling over from front to back about mid-January, and now it's his favorite thing to do. He also has discovered his voice and loves to squeal, squeak, and screech at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason other than to hear himself. He's working on those sitting up muscles, and I'm praying that's not far away from happening because he is a hefty 22lbs. right now!

(This picture cracks me up 'cause it shows his little about-to-cry pouty lip. Ha!)


Savannah is her same exuberant self. The apple of every eye and joy of life. She is daily growing and changing into more of a little girl and less of a toddler. Every day she wakes up, and I discover she is capable of saying or doing something new. I wonder if she even realizes these things? I love her to pieces, but I pray this cold weather lets up soon because she needs to go play at the park! Cabin fever is wearing on this crew.

January dragged by but as usual with preparations for Chick-fil-A Seminar, February flew. We did manage to enjoy the brief two days of snow that fell, and our trip to Washington, DC for seminar went off without a hitch, a much needed break for me.

(Savannah would have absolutely nothing to do with the snow. As a matter of fact, every time we tried to put her in it or play with her she would just cry incessantly, so I have no fun or cute pics of her in the snow like the rest of my friends=( The best I could do was get her to take a walk down the street, which she decided would be fun to eat...ick.)

(This is the only picture I have of her actually in the snow...she was furious with me for putting her there, and as you can see made a bee-line for the driveway.)

(Joey desperately wanted someone to have a snowball fight with him, but the best he got was the opportunity to toss snowballs at Savannah's feet. I attempted, but after he fast-pitched an iceball into my lower back, I fumed back inside and told him he could snowball fight himself.)

(Notice the frozen reflecting pool behind us...you know, the one located between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial....well...)

(...We decided we needed to join the 100 other people talking a walk across the frozen water...it was a little slushy and cracking in places, but still very solid...my first time a real frozen body of water....)

(....Near the end of our walk, I was getting a little leery of the slushy ice, so I made my way to the edge to hop off. I stopped short when I realized the entire edge around the reflecting pool was completely melted. Everyone was literally walking on an enormous sheet of floating--now melting--ice. I stopped a little too long before hopping off because I was enamored by the fact you could actually feel yourself bobbing up and down this close to the edge of the ice. Yes, too close indeed...I fell right through! Thank goodness the reflecting pool is only about two feet deep!)


From hear on out, life seems to pick up the pace. It will be August before I can blink and time for Weston's one year birthday party...sigh...they really do grow up too fast. For now, I am reveling in this month and claiming it as my own because this year on March 26th I turn 30!! Hence my "Queen for a Day" blog background=) If anyone finds one that says "Queen for a Month" let me know=) I'm sure I will have more to say in the days that come about my thoughts on turning 30, but for now I leave you with our update in pictures! I'll be back soon...hopefully=)

2 comments:

Stan and Kim said...

Love the coat ;)

Brittany said...

the cabin fever is about to kill us too!! the boys are literally bouncing off of the walls!!! Spring can't come fast enough!