Friday, April 24, 2009

The Verdict Is In! It's A.....

Boy! Can't you tell from the picture? =) Great shot! And no qualms about it. Joey is elated and a very proud, contented Daddy (although we really were fine either way), but it's nice to see him be able to really connect for the first time with this pregnancy. It's just hard for the dads to really get involved until they know something. Moms luck out because we actually feel
something=)
....
Everything about the sonogram went great...he is perfect! All ten fingers and all ten toes, a healthy beautiful heart and brain--even if his head is measuring a little larger than normal--thank you to my wonderful husband. Thank you also to my healthy family genetics because I am 20 weeks along where an average baby weighs about 12oz. This little fellow is already a pound and measuring about a week ahead of schedule. Dr. Pitcher estimates an 8.5 to 9.5 lb baby if I make it to term. When I reminded her about Savannah's three-week early arrival at 7lb. 13oz., she said it's not uncommon for a woman with high activity in good health to go early when the the baby is measuring large, so please all be praying for the right timing for this little one and my body. Early or not, I just want a healthy baby=)

So, the Durham family is thrilled to add a little more testosterone to the household to even things up=) We have a name we like, which many of you already know, but that's another blog I'm saving for another day--plus that name isn't set in stone yet either--, so to keep you chatting with me, I thought for this blog I'd get a poll of what names YOU like for our new baby Durham. Remember the middle name must be Loyd--I know, not too catchy, but a family name nonetheless--so make it sound good=) Enjoy the rest of the pics, and thank you all for your wonderful prayers and support!

This one of the hand is my absolute favorite! It never ceases to amaze me 1) how incredible our God is in His design even on such a small scale, and 2) how far He has allowed human technology to come to be able to capture these images. I mean, you can see all the tiny bones in his hands! Love it!

My New York trip update is in the works, and more thoughts to come concerning my kiddos, so stay posted!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Boys are SO SO Much fun. Girls are too but there is just something about a momma and her boy!

Make sure to have lots of washcloths on hand when you change diapers! You are bound to get several "showers" while doing diaper duty!

Everything Homemade said...

CONGRATS!!! i couldnt wait to hear, i had thought about doing something different instead so easily putting the info in my status too! see you soon.

Alicia said...

Hey, I just discovered your blog on FB! Congrats on the boy! We love having a girl and a boy. I prayed for a loving boy, and let me tell you, he is that and more! He and I have a very special mommy/son bond, but Joshua is also a little flirt. Congrats again! BTW, don't name him Andrew. ;-)

April said...

I just want to know if the baby is circumcised or uncircumcised? hahahahahahaha!!! (inside joke) Anyhow...how about an S name to go with Savannah? Stephen? Scrooge? Stewart?

Stan and Kim said...

Yeah for boys!!!! I am so happy for ALL of you. Can't wait to see little Savannah tell this one what to do and how to do it. Ahhhh, remember when???? As far as a name goes, I like your original pick. But whatever you and Joey decide will be perfect.

Alicia said...

Congrats Jennifer (and family)! It's so fun to have one of each. I have been praying for your sickness and hoping that you're coming out of that stage. We want more kids, but I'm just DREADING being pregnant again. It's completely worth it, but still hard to be so sick taking care of little ones. Anyways, congrats again and can't wait to hear about the name. I pretty much have no input considering that we can't decide names for our OWN children until I'm in labor or they're born. :-)

Unknown said...

We're so excited about ya'll having a son!! They are so special and so totally different from girls! I think Savannah needs a brother, too! We came up with Michael (but call him Michael, not Mike) or William and call him Will. Of course, we liked Weston, too. Whatever you guys decide, though, is fine with us.