Saturday, January 1, 2011

An Update in Rhyme


November came and then it went,
Not exactly sure how the time was spent.
Orlando was my last big blog spree,
Thanks to a hubby who sent me down kid free.



I vaguely remember some sickness and some fun,
Then of course there was the Thanksgiving Gobble Jog run.
My second 10k was a success!
I beat my May time even with tendonitis=)

Thanksgiving at my mom’s house was a blast,
Time always flies by quick; I wish it would last.

December first Weston began to walk,
And it’s so funny to hear him try to talk=)





Four generations the Nutcracker surveyed,
Invaluable time and memories made.

Savannah and Joey went to Texas for his brother’s graduation,
Which freed my time to prepare for our Christmas celebration.
One weekend passed, and with only one kid in tow,
I bought every gift and was ready to go!

December 15th an adoption was finalized,
Durhams and Harmons—one family still in our eyes=)

Down in Macon, our Christmas began a weekend early,
Six kids, six adults, rainy weather equals topsy turvy!
Loved every minute of watching all those cousins play,
Reminds me of my childhood in every chaotic way=)


WestRidge service for Christmas Eve Eve,
My family sharing God’s workings on Christmas Eve,
Christmas morning came after that late night,
But children don’t wait; we were up at first light.


Presents opened and monkey bread eaten,
Clean up ensued, then off to Dot-Dot’s for more eating.
Narnia was our choice for Christmas Day movie tradition,
Then back to my mom’s bright and early for a sibling present rendition.

Longs nights of Just Dance played on the Wii,
Wouldn’t trade one moment with my family.





The New Year came and went with just me and my man,
Enjoying sparkling cider and two sleeping children.
No resolutions for me this year,
Just so grateful for this little family here
Home. Warm and cozy and resting without fear,
Waiting peacefully and patiently for God’s next move in our lives this coming year.
Grateful for every blessing He’s given.
Not more I could say. For Him I’ll just keep on livin’. =)

Happy New Year!



post signature

No comments: